· Students learn to draw favorite animals, people, and objects using different mediums.
· More advanced students draw from three dimensional objects, illustrations, portraits, etc.
· Exposed to art history and styles such as realism, abstract, impressionism, classical, fauvism, etc.
· Instructed in color theory, perspective and composition.
· Classical music is played during class.
Thursday, December 8, 2011
Wednesday, November 2, 2011
Friday, October 21, 2011
Monday, October 17, 2011
Tuesday, May 31, 2011
In this class we will learn about the 18th Century Belgian artist Pierre-Joseph Redoute' and use his wonderful botanical illustrations as our inspiration. I will teach the importance that illustrators have played through the history of Botany and the students will have real flowers to draw from. They will be amazed at how many different ways you can draw flowers. Above illustrations were done by students age 7 to 10.